Chelsey and I are now spending most of our time getting ready for our show the 14th at the Space, but I am taking a break to write.
Here are more of the things I enjoyed in 2009
None of these came out in 2009, but I finally got around to reading them, and they were great.
– The Violent Bear It Away – Flannery O’Connor
– Sanctuary – William Faulkner
– Ulysses – James Joyce
– Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters and Seymour: An Introduction – J.D. Salinger
– Suttree – Cormac McCarthy
– Middlemarch – George Eliot
– The Grass Harp – Truman Capote
– Native Son – Richard Wright
– The Bealtes: The Biography – Bob Spitz
Again, a lot of these are simply first times for me.
The Fantastic Mr. Fox
A Serious Man
The Princess and the Frog
(500) Days of Summer
Me and Orson Welles
A Christmas Carol
In The Heat of the Night
The Big Sleep
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
The Third Man
Down By Law
The Taking of Pelham 1-2-3 (Original)
So that was my year. I also really enjoyed Community and Mad Men and The Wire on DVD. I hope everyone’s 2010 will be lovely, and I hope to see you guys at the Space, January 14th, in Hamden, CT where we will be debuting many songs from Seneca!!!